COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF KISUMU ADVERTISEMENT OF VACANCIES
Pursuant to the provisions of The County Governments Act, No.17 of 2012 Section 35 and 36 the Office of the Governor wishes to consider applications from highly qualified, results-oriented and self motivated Kenyan citizens for appointment to the following positions:
COUNTY EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEMBER – TEN (10) POSTS
The County Executive Committee Members will head the following departments. The applicant MUST specify the department for which they wish to head.
- Agriculture, Livestock, Food and Fisheries
- Business, Energy and Industry
- Physical Planning, Lands, Housing and Urban Development
- Environment, Water and Irrigation and Natural Resources
- Health and Sanitation
- Education, ICT and Human Resources Development
- Economic Planning and Development
- Public Works, Roads and Transport
- Tourism, Culture, Arts and Sports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To supervise the administration and delivery of services in the respective departments of the county government and all decentralized units and agencies in the county.
- Implement county legislation.
- Implement within the county, national legislation to the extent that the legislation so requires.
- Manage and coordinate the functions of the county administration and its department.
- Provide the county assembly with the full and regular reports on matters relating to the county.
- May advise the governor on matters within his/her area of jurisdiction.
Requirements for Appointment to this position, the person
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Be in possession of a first degree from a University recognized in Kenya.
- Masters degree will be an added advantage.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
- Have knowledge, experience and distinguished career of
not less than five years in the field relevant to the portfolio of the department to which the person is seeking to be considered.
- Possess adequate knowledge of organization and functions of Government Understanding the diversity, challenges and opportunities within the County.
- Should not hold any other State or Public Office.
- Be conversant with the Constitution of Kenya and all the devolution laws
- Be a visionary and strategic thinker.
- Have the ability to work in a multi- ethnic and multi- cultural environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines.
- Be committed to be part of a team that will enable the County Government achieve her vision.
County Executive Committee Members to send their applications to:
County Government of Kisumu,
P.O. Box 2738-40100
CHIEF OFFICERS – Job Group S (18 POSTS).
The Chief Officer will head the following portfolios. The applicant MUST specify the portfolios for which they wish to head.
- Governance, Public Service, Security and Disaster Management
- Policy Delivery, Strategic Planning and Public Communication
- Agriculture and Food
- Livestock and Fisheries
- Business, Energy and Industry
- Physical Planning and Lands
- Housing and Urban Development
- Environment and Natural Resources
- Water and Irrigation
- Public Health
- Medical and Biomedical Services
- Education, Human Resource Development and ICT
- Women and Youth Affairs and Social Services
- Economic Planning and Development
- Public Works and Roads
- Tourism, Culture, Arts and Sports
Duties and Responsibilities
Answerable to the County Executive Committee Member for the respective department in successfully fulfilling the Department’s mandate, the Chief Officer will:
i.Perform general administration and coordination of the Department.
ii.Oversee management of finances, preparation and submission of budget estimates, annual plans and programs.
iii. Develop and implement strategic sector plans and performance management.
iv.Formulate and implement policies and plans that conforms to Governor’s manifesto, County strategic plan and Vision 2030 and Kisumu Economic Social Council (KECOSOC) vision 2040
v.Promote National Values and Principles of Good Governance as outlined in Article 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya.
vi.Oversee the implementation and monitoring of performance and management system.
vii. Demonstrate through understanding of devolution
including the diversity within the County, the County
development objectives and Vision 2030.
viii. Be the Authorized officer of the Department as defined in
the County Service Board Act/PSCK Act Cap. 185 (Rev. 2012).
- Be the Accounting Officer of the Department as defined in
the Public Financial Management Act 2012.
- Be responsible for Policy Development and
Implementation for efficient and effective Management of
- Be responsible for Co-ordination and Supervision of the
xii. Provide Effective Leadership in promoting development
and implementation of the provisions of the Constitution
of Kenya (2010) and relevant Acts of Kisumu County
Assembly in all aspects related to the Department.
xiii. Efficient management of the day to day operations and
administration of human resources in the department.
xiv. Efficient utilization of funds and other County
Government resources placed at the disposal of thedepartment by the County Assembly.
- Give effect to lawful directives of County Executive
Member of the Department and keeping him/her informed
of all important activities and events connected with the
Requirements for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan Citizen
- Be a holder of a first degree in the relevant field from a
university recognized in Kenya
iii. A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Be a member of the relevant professional body and in
- Have knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of
not less than Five (5) years in the specific area, three of
which should be at senior managerial level.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the
vii. Have capacity to work under pressure and meet strict
Chief Officers to send their applications to:
County Public Service Board,
County Government of Kisum P.O. Box 7792 – 40100
Terms of Service: Service Contract
Salary: As prescribed by SRC
Applicants are required to get clearance from the following
institutions to meet requirements of Chapter Six of The
Constitution of Kenya:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Credit Reference Bureau.
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the
How to Apply:
Applicants should submit their applications together with
copies of their detailed curriculum Vitae, Academic and
Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card
or Passport, and clearance certificates indicating the position
applied for on top of the envelope to the respective addresses
Hand delivered applications for County Executive Committee
Members can be submitted at the Office of The Governor
located at the Prosperity House, Former Nyanza Provincial
Headquarters, 2nd Floor (County Secretary’s Office)
Kisumu County residents are required to indicate their SubCounty.
Women, Youth and Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
Applications should be received on or by 19th September 2017.