Established in 1952, the Aga Khan Hospital in Kisumu is a 61-bed acute care facility offering quality health care. The Hospital provides general medical services, specialist clinics and high-tech diagnostic services, and has a well-equipped 24-hour Emergency Department. It is part of the Aga Khan Health Services (AKHS) international referral system, with links to the Aga Khan University Hospital in Nairobi and Karachi respectively.
In 2004, the Aga Khan Hospital in Kisumu was awarded the ISO 9001:2000 certificate. This certification is awarded only when a hospital’s clinical, diagnostic, administrative and support services conform to the ISO standards. This has since been upgraded to the ISO 9001:2008 standard. The hospital is currently pursuing further international standards of accreditation including ISO 15189:2007 accreditation for the laboratory.
AKHK operates a satellite medical centre in Kisii town and has plans to open additional centres in the near future with Kakamega and Busia towns being prioritised.
Presently the hospital offers services in the areas of Medicine, Surgery, Paediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology and Acute Care. It also provides 24-hour emergency / ambulatory services. This is further supported by basic to intermediate specialised investigations both in laboratory and radiology and a well-stocked pharmacy, all on a 24-hour basis. The Hospital has introduced haemodialysis, dental, ophthalmology, endoscopy, histopathology and imaging services, including image-guided non-vascular intervention, CT scans and Doppler ultrasounds. The significant strengthening of the diagnostic departments has been through the recruitment of expatriate consultants from India – a radiologist and a pathologist.
KSH is a 50-bed hospital providing comprehensive specialty medical care to residents of Kisumu and its environs. We offer emergency, inpatient, and outpatient medical services. Our mission is to offer world-class care and services to our patients, our communities, and one another. We aim to be your health partner for life.
Formerly The New Nyanza Provincial General Hospital.